Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Brain Tumor Walk!

From Jim and Sherry:
"Hello all   ---  I've discussed my niece, Laurie, with many of you in the past.  She has been fighting a brain tumor for the last nine years.  Her outlook on life is inspiring and gives me strength when I need it, which is most of the time.  Don't think I could have made it so far without her inspiration. 
Anyway as a gesture of our thanks, Hytyme Equine Rescue has a team in the Brain Tumor Walk on August 20th 2011 at Willamette Park, in Portland Oregon.  If you are interested in joining us please contact www.BrainTumorWalk.org/Portland .  Be sure to join the Hytyme Equine Rescue Team.  We can all walk together.  Laurie, and my sister Debbie, who live in Fiddletown, California, will be at the walk.  They would very much like to meet you all.  Laurie will be walking in a wheelchair.  We can all take turns pushing her.  Your life will be better after you meet her.
This is a win win win situation.  It helps the National Brain Tumor Society.  It helps my Niece Laurie, and it helps Hytyme Equine Rescue.
After the walk will be a hot dog roast at Hytyme. Getting together will be a nice thing, plus we can pet some horses.
Hope to see many of you there.  We are really looking forward to it.
Jim & Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment